KOTA KINABALU: Parti Bersatu Sabah (PBS) President Datuk Seri Dr Maximus Ongkili (pic) said Sabah’s oldest party is ready to win all its 15 seats for Perikatan Nasional (PN) in the upcoming State Election.
“Initially, we requested for 25 state seats because we believe we can win more seats for PN, but in respect to the other like-minded parties, we decided that the most importantly is to win and take over the government of Sabah, for the sake of the people and future development of the state,” he said in a statement here Thursday.
“As of today (Sept 10), PBS has secured 15 seats, which will be contested under our own flag and logo. This has been stressed by PBS from the very beginning,” he said
“The seats we are contesting are PN seats.
“Our members, especially on the grassroots level, strongly believe that we are stronger using our own PBS flag and logo, and yet as a partner to the PN,” he said.
According to Dr Maximus, PBS’ election machineries have been ready even before Warisan dissolved the government.
“PBS members throughout the State have been working very hard and we will not only win the seats allocated to us, but our machinery in the other state seats will also be working hard to collaborate with the PN parties machinery contesting in those constituencies.
“We are very confident the hard work of all PN parties and our own members in PBS, we will win this election.
“Two years are enough for Parti Warisan and its partners to destroy Sabah,” he said.-Borneo Gazette
PBS candidates list:
- N.02 Bengkoka SAMUIL MOPUN (new face)
- N.05 Matunggong JULITA MAJUNGKI (incumbent)
- N.07 Tandek HENDRUS ANDING (new face)
- N.11 Kadamaian DEMIS RUMANTI (new face)
- N.14 Tamparuli DATUK JAHID @ NOORDIN JAHIM (incumbent)
- N.15 Kiulu DATUK JONISTON BANGKUAI (incumbent)
- N.18 Inanam DATUK WILLIAM MAJIMBON (new face)
- N.20 Api-Api DATUK DR YEE MOH CHAI
- N.22 Tanjung Aru DATUK EDWARD YONG OUI FAH
- N.25 Kapayan DR EDWIN BOSI (new face)
- N.27 Limbahau DATUK JUANI @ JOHNNY MOSITUN (new face)
- N.36 Kundasang DATUK DR JOACHIM GUNSALAM (incumbent)
- N.42 Melalap DATUK SERI PANGLIMA RADIN MALLEH
- N.47 Telupid JONNYBONE J KURUM (new face)
- N.54 Karamunting KONG NYUK THOU (new face)